Glaucoma and Cataracts
The Glaucoma and Cataract Service provides complete diagnostic and therapeutic care for the glaucoma referral patient.
Facilities for diagnostic testing include:
- automated static and kinetic Perimetry (Humphrey, FDT)
- blue on yellow Perimetry (SWAP)
- manual Perimetry with Goldmann and tangent screen
- stereo disc photography
- nerve fiber layer photography
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- Heidelberg Retinal Tomography (HRT)
- contrast sensitivity
- electrophysiologic testing (multifocal ERG & VEP)
- ultrasound biomicroscopy of the anterior segment
Medical and surgical therapies include:
- conventional filtration surgery including trabeculectomy with or without antimetabolites (5-FU, Mitomycin C)
- argon, diode, and Nd:YAG lasers for cyclophotocoagulation, trabeculoplasty, selective laser trabeculoplasty, iridectomy and other laser procedures.
- glaucoma implant surgery, including Molteno, Baerveldt, Krupin and Ahmed implants
New England Eye Center physicians are actively involved in clinical studies to investigate new diagnostic and treatment modalities for glaucoma.
Schedule an appointment or contact us at 617-636-4600.